Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Mothers Day!

The children in my class have been enjoying making gifts for Mothers Day. Here are some samples of our clever creations!

Fingerprint Poem Bookmark
I found the poem below through a google search.
"My dirty little fingerprints
I've left on every wall,
And on the drawers and table tops,
I've really marked them all.
But here is one that won't rub off,
I'm giving it to you,
Because I'm thankful for a just like you!"
I then used an ink pad for children to print their thumbs on the page. Thy then wrote "Love (and their name)". I will be laminating these and putting a hole at the top with a ribbon tied to it for a bookmark for mum.
Flower Card/ Gift Tags
Very simple, but cute! Draw or source a flower template, use Microsoft word art for the bubble writing effect. Type inside the flower "If mums were flowers I'd pick you!". Children then trace inside the letters with texta. Then turn over the card and place a paddy cake pan in the middle for the flower bulb and have the children write "Love (and their name)".
Wind Chime
Okay, so we cheated a little bit here and bought the wind chimes from a craft store. Children painted and then applied the 'gems' with glue. They turned out nicely, don't you think!

All wrapped up and ready to send home!

A big Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment